I have a very recent obsession with bananas… You see, for many years I struggled with EXTREME vertigo issues. Like, sometimes it was so bad that I would feel like someone pushed me across the room. When I’d hit the floor it felt like I was fighting gravity (does anyone remember that band?!) to get up. One of the homeopathic remedies that I tried was bananas. Lots and lots of bananas. I hated them before I started eating them. I continued to passionately despise them during and after my daily forced banana or two. My college roommate took great care of me though, making sure that we were always stocked with bananas in our Belgian flat.
Fast forward to a couple of years ago and all of a sudden I could handle the taste of a bananas again!
Fast forward to this last month, and I’ve been LOVING bananas. Frozen and turned into “ice cream.” As a snack with some almond butter. Frozen as my famous paleo sweet treats. And as of this past Sunday morning, turned into paleo pancakes!
These babies are gluten free, nut free, soy free, (processed) sugar free and even dairy free! Despite all of that, I need to disclose that they NOT Whole30 compliant. The Whole30 world considers these #SWYPO because it’s still feeding the emotion attached to pancakes. (And FYI, I’m not currently doing a Whole30.)
- 3 Eggs
- 2 (Ripe) Bananas
- ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp Nutmeg
- 2 TBSP of Coconut Milk
- Whipped Heavy Coconut Cream (OPTIONAL)
- 100% Pure Maple Syrup (OPTIONAL)
- Peel the bananas and place them in a bowl.
- Mush up the bananas with a spoon or fork.
- In a separate bowl: Crack the eggs and mix with the other ingredients.
- Now add the egg blend to your bananas and stir them all together.
- Heat up your skillet to a Medium heat, and put a spoonful of coconut oil on it to prevent sticking.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter on the skillet for each pancake. Keep these small. I had a really hard time with larger banana pancakes. Allow each pancake to cook for about a minute or until you see bubbling - then flip and cook for another minute.
- Optional: Top with Whipped Heavy Coconut Cream and drizzle with 100% Pure Maple Syrup.
- Stack 'em up on your plate and enjoy!
Like I stated in the recipe above, these Paleo Banana Pancakes don’t need much BUT… if you wanted to add something to them like I did, go with the heavy whipped coconut cream and lightly drizzle them with 100% pure maple syrup. (Stay away from that Aunt Jemima crap, please!) However, give these paleo pancakes without syrup first: I will say that I was delightfully surprised at how the bananas really brought their A-game and helped sweeten this breakfast all by their lonesomes.
This paleo breakfast is:
Gluten Free // Dairy Free // Processed Sugar Free // Soy Free
So what do you think? Will you give them a try? Pair them with fruit and bacon, then surprise your sweetie with brekkie in bed… I’d say you would probably win brownie points!
Don’t forget! You have one last night to get yourself entered to win a Blog Branding Consult with me! Get on that…