Ohmagosh! Guys and Gals! Get excited because this is seriously one of my all time favorite Whole30 Approved, Paleo, naturally gluten free breakfasts! These Tomato and Spinach Breakfast Egg Cups do not take much of a skill level and act as a paleo breakfast that you can make once, then enjoy throughout the week. Brace yourself… We need to make sure you are ready for the awesomeness that is this breaky.
I cannot stress this enough: This breakfast is great because you can make one dozen breakfast cupcakes and eat them all week long. Meal prep can be key in the midst of a crazy whole30. Also, there is an endless amount of “topping” combinations you can use when making this breakfast. If you don’t like the toppings I use, you could make these with your favorite veggies. Think “western style” – peppers and onions, a spoonful of salsa, topped with a dollop of guac! Or maybe you have a household of picky eaters… let each person pick his/her own “toppings” and seasonings!
- 12 Organic Eggs
- 12 Slices of Sugar Free Bacon
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Thoroughly grease the muffin cups with coconut oil to prevent the eggs from sticking.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around the sides of each cupcake cup.
- Put sun dried tomato in the bottom of each cup, then add one or two leaves of spinach to each cup.
- Crack one egg into each cupcake cup.
- Sprinkle each egg with desired amount of salt, pepper and basil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Length depends on how you like your eggs... I bake mine for 15 minutes and they just slightly runny.
- Remove from cupcake pan and enjoy!
Like I said, these Breakfast Egg Cups are paleo AND whole30 approved. And let’s not forget naturally gluten free as well!
I highly recommend that you make a full batch of these on a Sunday or Monday and then eat them for breakfast throughout the week. These Tomato & Spinach Breakfast Egg Cuppies are perfect for those busy mornings when you need to grab a quick bite, full of protein and veggies, before heading out the door.
Things you may need to buy for this recipe: Cupcake Pan, Coconut Oil, Sun Dried Tomatoes, Sugar Free Bacon, Basil
As always, let me know what you think after you make them! Please pin and share this delicious recipe!
Cheers & Love,