While the #2catsWhole30 is wrapping up this week (CRAZY RIGHT?!) I am still trucking on with my Whole60. The jury is still out as to whether or not it was a smart decision to publicly proclaim that I am giving up wine, popcorn and chocolate for 60 days… I have seriously pondered taking one day off for a glass of wine and a bite of chocolate. But I’ve already told the masses and some of y’all are doing a great job at cheering me on and holding me accountable. So alas… I am just about half way there.
I am really thrilled to hear that so many of my #2catsWhole30 folks are amazed at how they are feeling and plan on continuing this healthy lifestyle beyond these 30 days. That being said, their first real test is going to be Super Bowl Sunday. Will they go crazy or will they show up to the party prepared?
Guys – it is totally possible to survive a party that revolves around football, commercials and finger foods – and still be healthy!
Thanksgiving, Funerals, and Potlucks all have one thing in common: Deviled Eggs. In my opinion, nothing other than glitter screams “festive-shindig” like a Deviled Egg. My sister went crazy this past thanksgiving and brought 18 deviled eggs to my house. And I’m not just talking about how many halves… 18 egg halves would’ve been MORE than enough!
Anyway – to get you ready for Super Bowl Sunday next weekend, I thought I would share my Whole30 Complaint Deviled Egg Recipe with you today.
- Organic Eggs
- Sugar Free Bacon
- Fresh Chives
- Smoked Paprika
- Hard boil your eggs. Once cooked and cooled, peel them.
- While they are cooking, cook sugar free bacon. Allow to cool. (I cook bacon once a week and just leave it in the fridge. The bacon I used for this recipe is cool and had been refrigerated.)
- Break the cooked and cooled bacon into smaller pieces so they are "bacon bites"
- Chop up your fresh chives.
- Slice your eggs in half, removing the yolk and setting it aside in a bowl. Do this for all of your eggs.
- In the "Yolk Bowl" add a couple spoonfuls of guacamole. Depending on how "soft" you want the filling - you may want to add more or less. Always better to start with less, and add more later though.
- With a spoon, mix the yolk, guac, chives and bacon bites together. If too dry, add a little more guac.
- Spoon the yolk mix back into the egg halves.
- Sprinkle with smoked paprika.
Things you may need to make these Whole30 Deviled Eggs: Organic Eggs, Guacamole, Smoked Paprika, Sugar-Free Bacon, Chives.
So what can you bring to the party OTHER than these delicious eggs? Here are two of my other all-time favorite Whole30 Finger Foods and Appetizers!
Whole30 Hot Wing Recipe: Delicious and truly fitting for something like the Super Bowl. While everyone else is chowing down on sugary hot wings – you will be sitting pretty, with healthy wings all over your face!
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus: These are one of my favorite party apps because they really are incredibly easy and look extremely impressive!
Wanna know a secret? I don’t even know who will be playing in the big game… I simply join the fun for the food and the commercials! What are you preparing for the Super Bowl?